Monday, September 30, 2013

Just a glimpse...

I read an article about a man who saw a last glimpse of his grandmother on Google maps. You know, the site where you can zoom in and see your home(or anyone's home) in close up detail. It's a satellite photo and Andrew had recently posted on Facebook that Penny(his dog) was in the photo of his old house in Austin.
I logged on and put in your address, Mom. I hoped to see you in your back yard, watering plants in your pajama's. Maybe it would have been on one of those early mornings like the ones when I was visiting with the babies. I'd wake up and you would be outside, hose in hand, watering your plants. I hoped for one last glimpse of you, but it wasn't to be.
It's been almost 4 years. How could it be 4 years without you?

2 comments:

mandy said...

Hugs!

mandy said...

Hugs!